24. Summary of HTML tags¶
- Start and end tag of all HTML type documents.
- Document header section. This section defines the page title, styles, etc.
- Title of the HTML page. It should appear in the <head> section.
- Document body. In this section will be all the contents that appear on the website. Texts, images, lists, tables, etc.
<!-- Comment -->
- This tag is a comment that will not be seen in the browser. It is used to comment, clarify the HTML content and make it easier to understand.
HTML document template.
<html> <!-- Cabecera --> <head> <title> </title> </head> <!-- Cuerpo --> <body> </body> </html>
- Paragraph tag. Encloses a paragraph of text with several consecutive sentences. They end at a full stop.
- Top level header. Equivalent to a chapter title.
- Second level header. Equivalent to a section title.
- Third level header. Equivalent to a subsection title.
- Fourth level header.
- Line break. Whatever is written below will appear on the next line in the browser.
- Horizontal separation line.
- Highlighted text with emphasis. The font will be italic.
- Important text with strong emphasis. The font will be bold.
- The inner text is a quote from another source or from another author.
<blockquote cite="http://"> </blockquote>
- Label that includes a section of text that has been copied from another page. The blockquote tag contains a cite attribute that describes the address from which the text was taken. Normally this section appears displaced to the right.
- Preformatted text label. All spaces and line breaks are preserved. The font used is fixed width (monospaced).
- Label to include computer code. The font will be fixed width.
Hyperlinks, images and objects¶
<a href="hop"> Text </a>
- hyperlink. The text between the tags will appear in the browser. By clicking on the text, you will jump to the reference that contains href.
- Link to an image to be inserted into the document.
<object data=""> </object>
- This tag inserts an external element into the HTML page that can be a text file, a video, sounds, a web page, etc. The name and path of the object is written inside the data attribute.
- This attribute appears inside a tag to give it a name. the name has to be unique and not repeat itself, in order to distinguish the labels from each other.
Lists and definitions¶
- Numbered list label.
- Unnumbered list tag.
- Label containing a list item.
- Word definition label.
- Word to define.
- Definition of a word.
- Table label.
- Label a row within a table.
- Label the head of a table. It is in the first row of a table.
- Label each of the elements of a table header.
- Body of a table, where the contents of the table are located. Allows you to separate the header from the contents.
- Label an element of a table. It must be within a row.
- This attribute appears inside a <td> table element. Allows you to join the current cell with the cells to the right of the same row, to make a single cell larger.
- This attribute appears inside a <td> table element. Allows you to join the current cell with the cells below it in the same column, to make a single cell larger.
Data table template without header.
<table border="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Uno</td> <td> 1 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Dos</td> <td> 2 </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>